Science Online (SO): Inspired
In 2020, science educators faced a new reality. Covid-19 forced teaching online and the educator community faced big challenges about the approach they should take to STEM education moving forward. From improvising with course packet printouts and cameras pointed at the whiteboard to adopting new technologies like virtual labs, science educators are pioneering solutions to help students succeed in a rapidly changing learning environment and prepare for 21st-century STEM occupations.
Assemble Events was asked to deliver Science Online (SO): Inspired, a free one-day virtual conference to empower science educators looking to improve STEM learning in the age of Covid-19, and beyond.
The event needed to:
- Position EdTech start-up Labster as a thought leader within the virtual labs/teaching space
- Build relationships with new university client partners
- Deepen connections with existing client partners
- Increase brand awareness in the US and UK
- Facilitate peer connections
With a tight, ten-week deadline to deliver the event, we created a ten-week project plan to design and deliver the virtual conference.
We worked in partnership with the Labster team to ensure deadlines were achieveable and all elements of the event design, delivery, production and marketing were covered. The event served to showcase Labster’s technology and demonstrate the opportunities available to STEM educatiors via the virtual platform.
Our services included:
- Content and programme development
- Event branding
- Technical advice
- Attendee management
- Marketing and promotion
- Event logistics
- 1,500 educators from across the US, Canada and UK attended
- The Labster team forged new relationships with universities and deepened existing client partnerships
- Brand awareness of Labster increased across universities and colleges in the US and UK
“Emma was instrumental in the success of our inaugural virtual conference. She guided my team from the initial conception through to the event itself, and every step in between. Emma was able to work with our extremely tight timeline, breaking down the planning stages into bite-size tasks so we were never overwhelmed. There are so many moving parts that go into planning an event, and she made sure nothing fell through the cracks. I would highly recommend Assemble Events to any organization looking to plan an event.”
Hilary Pennington, Vice-President Marketing, Labster